Manuscript
Steve Sachs Duke
vine

Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2003

(contact)

A Thanksgiving Message: I didn't post anything on Thanksgiving--mainly because I was too busy cooking the sweet potatoes. But after a delightful "second seder" Thanksgiving with Patrick and Rachel Belton Friday night, I've thought of two more items to add to the list of what I'm thankful for.

First, as has been noted elsewhere, I'm grateful for the fact that only 36 years after Loving v. Virginia, the President can refer to himself and Condoleeza Rice as "look[ing] like a normal couple."

Second, I can't help but remember what Thanksgiving was like two years ago, when it seemed inevitable that more attacks would come, and when it seemed impossible that life in the U.S. would ever be the same. As a friend once pointed out to me, for the people whose job it is to listen to the "chatter" and wonder what to fear next, every day without another catastrophe is a great victory. And for these victories we should be thankful.

 


::

::

Blog Archives

Front page
Archive
XML Feed

::

© 2011 Stephen E. Sachs


 

Anglia Regnum